While there is a lot of pet care information available on the Internet, here are some of our favorites. We have also noted an animal emergency poison control hotline.
Animal Emergency / Poison Control
- ASPCA Poison Control Center — The APCC is your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency and related information. If you think that your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call (888) 426-4435. A $65 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card.
Pet Care & Veterinary Education
- American Animal Hospital Association — AAHA offers an extensive Pet Care Library of information, articles and tips at its Health Pet site.
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Dogster — This website is a must for any dog enthusiast – breed info, adoption, food, health, dog advice and a vibrant community.
- Pet Place — This is the number one source for pet care information and pet health information with over 10,000 veterinarian approved articles.
- Rhode Island Veterinary Medical Association — The RIVMA offers a variety of information that may be useful to Rhode Island pet owners.
- VeterinaryPartner.com — This site shares knowledge from the Veterinary Information Network, thought to be the world's first and largest online veterinary database.
Video Tutorials on Feline Health
These videos from Cornell University's College of Veterinary Medicine show how to do the following: